The clothing rental company reached unicorn status this past spring, but hit some major fulfillment issues this fall, causing the company to temporarily halt operations, pause the acceptance of new subscribers and issue refunds to customers who were impacted.
The company has been experimenting with partnerships, including with select Nordstrom locations for order pickup and returns, and with coworking firm WeWork through pop-ups and drop boxes. This year, Rent the Runway also collaborated with West Elm to launch a home goods rental service and expanded into children’s apparel by working with 13 designers, including Fendi, Stella McCartney and Little Marc Jacobs.
- ^ company press release (www.prnewswire.com)
- ^ this past spring (www.retaildive.com)
- ^ fulfillment issues (www.supplychaindive.com)
- ^ Nordstrom locations (www.retaildive.com)
- ^ WeWork through pop-ups and drop boxes (www.retaildive.com)
- ^ collaborated with West Elm (www.retaildive.com)
- ^ into children’s apparel (www.retaildive.com)